July 27, 2011

Visiting with Family

I hadn't been back to Virginia since before Rylan was born so this was the first time that my Dad and sister Melinda were able to meet my children. We met my Dad at a duck pond. Rylan had never fed ducks before and I was so excited to see his reaction as the ducks gathered around while we tossed them little pieces of bread. However, these ducks were definitely spoiled and must be fed a lot. It took a while to convince them to come over and still, then they only took a couple of pieces of bread. So Rylan's first duck feeding didn't go over so well but it was still fun to be able to have them meet their Grandpa. They both warmed up to him very well.

Grandpa and Rylan sneaking up on the ducks...


I gave Addilyn a piece of bread to "drop" by the ducks, but she felt the need to taste it out herself. At least someone there was eating the bread!


We were able to meet up with my sister Melinda later that week at a local park. It was so hot, but the kids couldn't tell a difference. They were full of giggles and loving it!



Who knew swinging could be so much fun!


Sweet Rylan has become quite a little shadow to Addilyn. He'll get down and crawl right beside her and follow her to wherever she's headed. He'll even come and kneel (while she's standing) beside her at a table or the couch and just look at her and laugh. This is a picture of him following her (crawling like she does) around the gazebo.


Rylan and Addilyn coming to say hello to Aunt Melinda!


My Dad and Denise were able to stop by the park as well and we were able to visit with them again! Addilyn was super excited about something- pointing and babbling away. I thought this was a cute picture because she definitely got both of their attentions. :)


Mommy & Addilyn chilling out in the shade.


Family shot with Grandpa (my Dad)!


It was so fun to be able to see my Dad, Melinda, and Denise. It had been way too long since we had seen them last. I can't wait to be able to spend more time with them... hopefully sooner then later. :)

0 comments: