July 24, 2011

Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia

We took a trip to Smith Mountain Lake. My uncle had just bought a boat of his own and offered to take us out on it. It was the first boat that Rylan and Addilyn have ever been on. The weather was perfect and I think the best part was just watching there reactions, especially as the boat was flying through the water and the wind was blowing so fast past their faces. Here are a few photos...

Addiyln & Grammy


Addilyn wouldn't move. She froze anytime that boat was cruising and the wind was blowing. I don't think she was very sure about it.


Rylan on the other hand loved it. He had this smirk (in the picture below) the entire time.


This is my Mom and Rylan, with my Grandma... who didn't want the wind messing up her hair so she sported a cute little hat the entire ride. (Hard to see, but two of my cousins are tubing behind them).


We stopped for a little bit to go swimming. Rylan wanted to get in the water so bad! He tried so hard to open this gate.


Grammy eventually got in with him while I stayed on the boat with Addilyn. Although a little unsure at first, he was full of smiles!


Addilyn started to relax a little. She loved hanging out on the boat. She was babbling and screaming away pointing at everyone swimming in the water. (Isn't this the weirdest, bulkiest little life jacket... at least I knew she was safe?)


This is my cousin Sevey. Rylan loved being his little shadow. He followed him everywhere and anywhere. Here they are enjoying a cool drink on the boat.


After the other kids went tubing my Mom offered to take Rylan out on the tube. My uncle promised to drive super super slow! Rylan did so awesome though (although he looks a little terrified in the picture below). He was even waving to me on the boat. What a brave boy!


Next up... lots and lots of swimming!

1 comments:

Ashcraft Adventures said...

Ohh so fun! And how cool that Rylan loved and did everything!! Hes growing up Stace:(