July 21, 2011

4th of July 2011

This year for the 4th of July I started the celebration a little early. Saturday I got to join my Mom and sister Kimmy at the Stadium of Fire. I went last year with my mom and we loved it enough to go back again this year!

Sister Kimmy & I waiting for the show to begin!


Three other guys before this man parachuted (is that a word?) in to the stadium during a performance of The Star Spangled Banner. It was a pretty neat site to see.




David Archuleta was the opening act! You can make as much fun of me as you want, but I love this kid! I don't own or really listen to any of his own music, but I love to hear him sing! Especially the patriotic music that he did...it gave me goosebumps. I went to a Christmas concert of him last year as well.... and it was beautiful!! He has an amazing voice!


Then the real fun began! I love country music and therefore I love Brad Paisley!! I can't put my thoughts into words right now other then to say it was aMaZiNg!! Love, love, love him!! I wanted to jump out of my seat and start screaming along to all of his songs...but I withheld the urge as to not embarrass those around me (okay and myself).


The fireworks were of course amazing as well! Basically front row seats! I've learned though that it's a literal term, Stadium of Fire. You could feel the heat from where we were sitting!


Just another shot to show you how hot it got in there with all the fireworks they were shooting off!




I definitely want to make this a yearly tradition! Although my Mother has been lovely and kind enough to treat me each year to this event, I would say it is well worth the money!! Not only are the concerts amazing and the fireworks the best, they do such a great job before all of that stuff starts with recognizing and remembering why we are celebrating the Fourth of July in the first place.

I was definitely a lot more emotional this year. Not sure if it's the fact that I'm a Mother of two or what, but every song sang about our country and the pictures and videos of the real men and women past and present who have sacrificed and do sacrifice their lives so we can enjoy the freedoms that we live with daily.... my eyes just kept feeling up with tears the entire time we were there! I guess I'm getting old :) All in all... it was another amazing experience to be able to go! I definitely plan to go next year. This time I'll have to get Kyle to go along with us though (sweet hubby has stayed home the last two years with the kids so that I've been able to go). Great way to start the Fourth of July holiday though!!



We spent Monday (Fourth of July) with Kyle's family. They had a delicious BBQ in which Rylan discovered Watermelon! He had more then a couple of slices!



We basically hung out playing and visiting while we waited for it to get a little darker for fireworks. Here are a few photos of the "haps" that afternoon...

Rylan got to play with a big dog. Hes met this dog before and loves to follow her around for a little while until he eventually moves on. They make good friends though. :)


Addilyn was so happy to just be outside. The weather was perfect!


Rylan of course found a train and car to play with... Completely content!


My sister Kimmy and cousin Tiffany joined us later for fireworks. Kyle was the one lighting them all so it was a good thing they showed up. It took Rylan and Addilyn some time to warm up to the loud crackles and pops and I didn't have enough hands to comfort two kids and take pictures to remember the moment :) (Thanks for the back up girls!)

This was Addilyn's reaction for most of our "little firework show"...


Until one really loud one scared her good! Oh this picture breaks my heart... She did not like it!


Rylan found a cool firework that was like a tank engine that Kyle let him hold for a little while. He was really in to it, driving it on the driveway and all... until they took it, lit it on fire, and it blew up...


But then it was time to play with sparklers! Rylan liked these! He mostly liked holding and watching it. Maybe next year he'll learn to wave them around for a cooler affect.

Aunt Emily helping Rylan with his first Sparkler.


These were also the only ones Addilyn wouldn't cry over.


Eventually Rylan got bored with watching on the side lines. He wanted to see what Daddy was doing out there. So Kyle helped him light one (Brave Daddy)!


Believe it or not, towards the end, Addilyn stopped crying at every firework that went off. She was content with her box of Sparklers! (Addilyn and Aunt Kimmy).


Before we left for the night we were able to enjoy some yummy ice cream with brownies and strawberries! Another favorite part to Rylan and Addilyn's night... they were all over me when I sat down to enjoy it!


I would have loved to see the big firework show, but this was a good start for the Fourth of July this year considering Addilyn's reaction to such little fireworks. Can't wait until next year though!!

1 comments:

Ceci and Steven said...

Oh my gosh, how fun!! I'm jealouse, I Love both David A. And Brad Paisley, I've wanted to go to either of their concerts for a while now :)
And your kiddos are seriously too cute!! Fun post :)