June 24, 2011

Happenings in May & June

I can't believe we are less than a week away from July! May and June flew by! What have we been up to you ask?!? Well, Kyle and I went to Vegas for 5 days with his brother Jeff and Sister Kristin with hubby Seth. My sister Chrissy watched Rylan & Addilyn for a week while we were gone. It was the longest that I had ever been away from them. It was the first time away from Addilyn and only the second time away from Rylan (in almost two years)....so to say the least, it was time! It was an adjustment, but needed and we had a blast in Las Vegas! I really appreciate Chrissy taking on six kids total (4 of her own plus my 2 little ones) all under the age of seven...crazy, right!?

Anyways, we've had Kyle's parents come to visit as well from Colorado. Rylan eventually warmed up to them. He had so much fun.... this is Papa giving Rylan a horsey ride, he had the biggest smile on his face the entire time!


Reading a train book that Nana & Papa bought him. Once again, he was so excited! Look how into this book he was. He didn't move at all.


I swear they spent time with Addilyn too. They apparently must have all of the pictures on their camera though because I couldn't find them. We loved having them visit. It had been way too long since we'd last seen them!

My cousin Mike got married over Father's Day weekend and we had a lot of family come in from out of town for that too. It was so fun to see everyone!! I then decided to go to Vernal this past week to visit my sister Chrissy. We had a great time with all six kiddos and I plan to post about that trip separately...lots of cute pictures!!

And in between all of those big events, we've been busy making memories playing at home. Here are some random photos over the past two months to prove it :)

Rylan climbed into Addilyn's crib after her nap one day. He was so excited! They were yelling and laughing and having so much fun. (It took two pictures to get both looking and smiling at the camera though).




My mom (Grammy) came over to visit one evening. This is her playing "Bull Frog" with both Rylan and Addilyn on her lap at the same time.


It may be hard to see, but they both are smiling and laughing in this photo! Lots of fun with Grammy!


We do a lot of laundry around this house. Rylan likes to walk around with the empty laundry baskets on his head? (I didn't teach him that...I seriously don't know where he learns all of this stuff from.) He got inside the bigger one for a minute and I decided to throw Addilyn in too to take them for a little ride around the house.


We've had a lot more randomness go on, but we'll end there for now. July is a busy month with the holidays in the beginning and end of the month, our 4th year wedding anniversary, and my trip to Virginia for a week and a half (I haven't been back since before Rylan was born). Busy, busy summer... but we're definitely soakin' it up!

0 comments: