October 20, 2007

New Responsibilities



Kyle got a hair cut today, so we thought it'd be something to post since it's been so long. Life is still great! We finally got a calling in our new ward. We both were called to be the activity chairmen. So we get to plan things like the Christmas social and so forth. I guess this ward does a huge family ward campout in the summer too, so we’ll be over that as well. It should be fun! I'm excited about it because it's just like me to organize and plan things (taking it from my mother's talent), but Kyle's a little indifferent. He’s more excited to teach Elders quorum (that's his "second" calling I guess you can say). He teaches on the second Sunday of every month.

We also are both giving talks tomorrow in church! It's my second talk in 4 months. Some how they keep catching me:) School is busy as ever. This week we are having a Colonial Day, where we will spend the whole school day in the life of colonial times. The teachers are dressing up in their bonnets and all. We get to be super strict with the students (since that’s how they were back then), placing them on a chair and giving them the dunce cap to wear and so forth. I think it’ll be an enjoyable day!

Kyle's picked up some extra projects at work so he’s staying busy as well. He’s in the middle of building a P-22 Lighting airplane model. It looks very tricky and difficult, I don’t know where he finds the fun in it:) I know it takes talent though! Well, that's about it for now, until next time!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! I'm glad to see you posted again! I'd almost given up on you. I see you have a sister who married an Ashcraft. My oldest sister married an Ashcraft too! Maybe that makes us very distantly related.