December 30, 2010

Christmas in Vernal!!

So before we left on our Christmas vacation to Vernal :) I celebrated my 25th birthday! Kyle made me breakfast and then I got to spend the day with my adorable kids and wonderful husband who picked up some Chick-fil-A for lunch! That evening we went over to Uncle Billy's home for a delicious steak dinner and cake and ice cream!

Rylan sat on my lap as everyone sang Happy Birthday...he was so funny with the biggest smile on his face and clapping the entire time. I think he thought they were singing to him.




The next day we left with my Mom to Vernal, Utah. We stayed with my sister Chrissy and her fun family...


After dinner we all opened up our new pajamas (a Christmas Eve tradition for all of us). Here's "Grammy" with all of the grandchildren in the house.


Rylan, Addilyn, and I sporting our new pajamas. If you're wondering why my smile is a little scary, this was the third take and holding both children at the same time isn't light. :)


After opening up our pajamas, my Mom put together a few games to play from the "Minute to Win It" TV show. We all had a lot of fun and a lot of laughs. I even took part in one of the games.

One game for example is to tie a tissue box filled with small ornaments around your waist and jump up and down, wiggle, or whatever as fast as you can to get the ornaments to fall out. Who ever gets the most out in one minute wins! After everyone had a turn, Rylan wanted to try. He was super cute moving his feet around really fast and he even tried to jump some too. He didn't get any ornaments to fall out, but I was super proud of him for doing exactly what he saw everyone else do.


Trying to Jump




Another game they played was to be the first person to blow their ornament into the designated square and to keep it there.


Addilyn enjoyed the show to a bottle...Here she is with Daddy on the couch...


Rylan loved playing on the stairs...favorite seat in the house.


After playing a few more games, all the kids got ready for Santa to visit. They put some yummy cookies on a pan to cook and somehow Rylan grabbed one off before it got into the oven... sneaky little guy (he takes after his Mommy).




After they were cooked, they put some cookies on a plate and made some strawberry milk for Santa. They even decided to put out some carrots for Santa's reindeer. I don't think Rylan gets who we're putting the snacks out for because here he is eating again...


Lucky Addilyn was the last kid in bed :) She was so cute and cuddly in her new pj's!


Chrissy's super cute Christmas tree they cut down themselves!


In the morning Rylan woke up to all the kids excited from there gifts left by Santa. When he came downstairs, he new exactly what was his and walked straight over to his new Little People Wheelies Toy..


Rylan was a pro at opening presents this year! He knew there was something inside so it was self motivating (whether he cared for what was inside or not).


I love the following picture...I'm not sure who was more excited Rylan or Daddy?


Rylan pushed this shopping cart everywhere and still does even now that we're home. It's cute to see what he finds to fill the basket with. Thank you Nana & Papa Nielsen!


Addilyn got a Toy Castle. She absolutely loves this! Her legs automatically go straight to standing every time I put her in it and she just smiles and smiles! I guess it's nice for her to see the world in a different view.


I also have to add that Rylan loves it as well. He'll walk around her pushing the buttons and all. It's a good thing too. Addilyn is entertained by it since she can't quite reach nor understand how to get the different things to make noises yet.


Later Christmas day we went sledding. We bundled Rylan up pretty good. The snow had basically turned to ice though. Rylan wasn't the biggest fan of the loud crushing rumbling noise as I pulled him on the sled (Not to mention it was nap time too). It was a good start though. You can see that he's not too sure by the look on his face.


Kyle enjoyed playing the piano at Chrissy's house. He even learned how to play a new song.


We had a wonderful time in Vernal for Christmas! Chrissy's family made it feel like we were right at home. Sadly, we didn't get any pictures with them... but we also got to visit with my brother Timmy and his fun family! My Mom was great company to have as well! She always makes things so fun! I feel so very blessed to have been able to spend this holiday season with so much family!

Now it's time to reflect on this past year and all that has happened as well as celebrate the start of a new year! I love this time of year to start fresh, organize, and set new goals! We're excited to see what this year has in store for us! Bring it on! :) I love my husband for working so hard everyday so that I'm able spend all day with my two energetic and adorable kids. Life is good!




1 comments:

Ashcraft Adventures said...

Such good pictures!! And instead of posting my own i'll probably just tell everyone to go to your blog:) It was fun reminiscing while i was reading it! Having you guys and Mom here really made our Christmas amazing! It was nice having family to spend it with! And I loved watching Rylan enjoy everything with the kids! Thanks for being here with us!!