August 12, 2010

Rylan Turned One!

We celebrated Rylan’s first birthday last Friday, August 6th. It's crazy to think that it was only a year ago when we were in the hospital welcoming him into our family. Life has never been the same since, but we sure wouldn’t change that for the world! Here's a picture of Rylan the day he was born...



We were so lucky to have family in town to help us celebrate! My brother Timmy and sister Chrissy came with all of their kiddos from Vernal. My mom and other sister Kimmy were already here in Salt Lake.

Rylan probably didn’t notice anything different about his special day, but he sure enjoyed all of the balloons.



We took Rylan to the mall to ride on some silly fun quarter rides, then we went to the kiddy park with the soft equipment he could actually crawl all over. After a short nap, we met up with all of the family at the park for a picnic. Rylan still hasn’t had much interaction with grass, so he’s still getting used to it. I love this picture! It was taken at the perfect moment, check out that face!



My sister Kimmy used her awesome artistic talents to make Rylan's birthday cake. We decided to go with the Curious George theme. Rylan was very interested in what she was doing as she began to decorate.






She did a great job! It looks like we found our own personal cake decorator for years to come! :) The final product...






Rylan blowing out the candle.



Rylan was a little shy with his cake at first when it came to eating it, but after some help he learned how delicious the cake and icing were!


We opened some presents afterward… there were a lot of adorable pictures of how excited he was to see so many new toys, but I thought this picture would sum up his facial reactions of the entire process.


The next day we went to an awesome indoor/outdoor water park at the Rec center. We have lots of pictures, but with me basically 9 months pregnant and in a swimsuit in almost every shot... so sorry… no pictures will be posted of that event. :)

We had a great time celebrating Rylan’s first birthday. He definitely has his own little personality. He’s an active, busy little boy that has brought so much joy into our lives and soo many funny and happy memories. We look forward to another year as he continues to explore and learn about the world around him. He’s at such a fun age!

Before I check out, I wanted to let those who are still wondering, yes…. I am still pregnant. This little one is on her own agenda. We are very anxious for her to arrive! Here's one last prego picture....I am so ready for her to come!

29 Weeks Pregnant


39 Weeks Pregnant


Do you see that silly little boy at the bottom, smiling as I'm getting my picture taken! :) What a cutie!

4 comments:

Ashcraft Adventures said...

That kid does make the funniest faces. And if you dont post pictures of you at the pool...I will!! You've done AMAZING with this pregnancy and look great!! Show it off!! And please tell Addilyn that we're ready whenever she is!! Love ya

Nikki said...

Good luck with baby #2! You are looking great. The birthday cake was so cute, your sister did a great job! I'm thinking that I should hire her for our birthdays!

The LeNeave's said...

Sounds like a fun birthday! You look so cute. Let us know when baby come. I need to send you your gift!

Smith Family said...

How fun!! Happy Birthday Rylan!! I can't believe he is already one and that mine will be two next month. Crazy!!!! Thanks for the updated belly shots and I can't wait to see pictures of your new little one.