August 22, 2010

Addilyn Caroline Nielsen

Addilyn was born August 13th. It's been a little over a week in a half now. The days are just flying by. I thought it was a little ironic that in my last post about Rylan's birthday, I ended it with saying I was still pregnant and that I was so ready for her to come.... I posted that at 8:51pm and then started having contractions early the next morning. She was born at 1:26pm that day. She was 7lbs 6 oz and 19 inches long. Rylan was the exact same length, but 7lbs 3oz...Weird how close they were!

After checking into the hospital, she was born about 2 hours later. It was a very fast delivery and a completely different experience then with Rylan's birth. I'm feeling great and it's only been a little over a week. Addilyn is doing very well too. She is such a good baby. She sleeps all the time which makes it easier to still tend to Rylan. Knock on wood- hopefully she'll continue to be a little angel! Here are a few pictures from the hospital and the first week being home.






First family picture with both kiddos!


This is what she looks like 90% of the day. Eyes closed... sound asleep!


Look at those eyes!


I will admit, I was nervous on how Rylan would interact with her. He has been doing surprisingly well though. He gets so excited when he firsts sees her and starts babbling in this high pitched tone. It's pretty cute... we are still working on how to be "soft" with her. He gets a little too excited sometimes and slaps or grabs at her. He loves to take off her socks (you can kind of see it in this picture).....


He also likes to help push Addilyn in the swing... if he only knew the purpose of what this kind of swing does (pushes on it's own), but Rylan gets a kick out of pushing her.


My mom helping Rylan give her baby sister a hug... I love her face, it's so squished. What a big, sweet hug Rylan!


We've been hanging out at home for the most part. I haven't attempted to go anywhere by myself with the two of them yet. Maybe next week sometime. :) For now I stay busy enough between the two of them! I'm having a lot of fun though. It's surprisingly not what I expected it to be like. Life is good!

8 comments:

Nikki said...

congrats! she is a little cutie!!

Smith Family said...

Congrats on your new adorable baby girl!! Your family is adorable and you look great!! Good luck with the 2 kids now.

Kristy said...

such a cute little baby! congratulations!

The LeNeave's said...

So cute! Congrats!

Holly and Ryan Vasso said...

How did I miss this post??? Congrats girl, she is a little doll and you look like you are doing wonderful!

Kylee said...

Congrats!! I absolutely love the name Addilyn!! She is simply adorable! WOw..you sound so good!! keep it up!!

Alexis Bagby said...

She is so cute!! I will be calling and coming to see her soon.

The Lowe's Journey Together! said...

Aww that is so exciting to see all the pictures and see how you are doing too! Congratulations you now have 2 and their birthday's are SO close to each other's :) Glad to hear you are doing well!!