August 27, 2009

Rylan David Nielsen

We are thrilled to announce that we had our baby boy August 6 at 12:17am. He came a little unexpected two days before his due date (I had been told a number of times that your first rarely comes early or on time). But as I’m sure every mother knows the feeling…. Let’s just say it was a new experience… this whole labor thing. :) It was not what I expected. When we arrived at the hospital, I was dilated to a 3 1/2 only to be at 5 1/2 about an hour later. The nurses were surprised I was progressing so quickly for my first baby. Not too much later, I was at an 8 when I decided to go with the epidural. Now with feeling a lot more relaxed, it hit me what we were doing there and that the day had finally come.

It all went by so fast before our little boy was in my arms. He was 7 lbs. 3 oz. and 19 inches long. It honestly still took a day or two to realize the miracle that had just taken place and to realize that this little angel belonged to Kyle and I. I’ll admit that Rylan definitely took some getting used to the first 2 weeks with nursing and all the other motherly demands. He is 3 weeks old today and is such a joy to have! I can’t seem to stop staring at him. He puts a smile on my face; ironically even when he’s crying with his sweet little scrunched up face.

School is also now back in session. I went to meet my 5th grade class on the first day. It was weird to walk out only after about an hour. There’s a lot going on the first two weeks of school and it’s weird to not have to worry about it at all. I get about a month before I go back. Until then, there is much to stay busy with! It’s hard to find the time for the things I used to do, so we will try our best at keeping up with posting pictures and the progress of baby Rylan! Enjoy the pictures of his first two weeks of life!

7 comments:

Holly and Ryan Vasso said...

OH how exciting! He is so so so cute! That is an awesome delivery...i cant believe it went that fast. Good luck with mommy-hood, it sounds like your already a pro!

Smith Family said...

Thanks for posting all the pictures. He sure is handsome! I can't believe its been 11 months since I had a baby that little. Congratulations and it sounds like you had a good labor experience. Can't wait to keep following your blog and watch your little man grow.

Tayvia and Family said...

Yay! lots of pictures. He is such a stud. I am so excited for you. Can't wait to meet him

Debra said...

I miss little Rylan, I can hardly wait to visit again and play grandma! Enjoy every moment!
Love you all. Mom

Kylee said...

Rylan is so adorable! Congrats to you and Kyle. Babies really do change our lives. They are the best. Sounds like you have been doing this for awhile!! Get some rest and good luck with everything. I am on my countdown-6 weeks left with this pregnancy. can't wait to hold my little girl! Congrats again!

The Lowe's Journey Together! said...

Wow you are going to be teaching and have a new child at home?? Wow sounds crazy for sure!! but good luck on it all and too bad we aren't out there to help you out!! Enjoy your busy life :)

Debra said...

That's my little grandchild! I sure do miss holding and loving him! Give all my love!