November 9, 2011

Vernal & The Park!

The weekend before Halloween we made a quick trip to Vernal to visit my brother and sister and all of their kiddos. While there, we went to the coolest park! I'll have to admit that I tried out a couple of the "toys" there and it was a lot of fun! Like this weird swirly seat thingy...


I took Addilyn along for the ride! It was a weird shaped looking seat and when you sit on it, it spun around and around... guess you'd have to have tried one before to get what I'm trying to say. It was cool though, ok!? :)

I don't know when it happened, but my little girl grew up way to fast! She was so independent at this playground. I was amazed, excited, and sad at the same time.


There was one slide in particular that she Loved! It was just the right size for her! She'd go up the stairs all by herself...


Step up to the top of the slide all by herself...




And then she'd get down to the seating position all by herself...


In order to scoot herself to the edge and go down all by herself...


When she'd get to the bottom, she'd walk around the slide, back to the stairs and start climbing up all on her own to go back down again. She did this about 7 times all by herself without any encouragement from Mom here! I know you are probably like, "Yep- that's how you go down a slide!?" But I had never seen her do this before and she seems so little to me still. I was proud of my little 15 month old not needing me at all to go down the slide. :)

Rylan had a great time too. He loved the slides as well and did the following route a couple of times.

Up...


Crawling over the rock wall...


And down the slide all on his own... (he still goes on his belly)


But check out the look on his face after getting off the slide...

The look of "I did it and that was awesome!"

Oh the joy of the simple things in life! :)

1 comments:

Maranda said...

That looks like such a fun park!