March 18, 2011

The Garbage Truck!

Okay... I can't believe that I'm actually going to post about this, but Rylan gets soo happy and excited every time I just had to.

So you know how pathetic your life is when watching the garbage truck has become a normal part of your routine every other day. We live in an apartment complex with no vehicle during the days to go anywhere. Kyle takes our only car to work which honestly hasn't been so bad with it being winter and freezing outside (I don't really want to go anywhere). So with no vehicle we've had to become creative with our days. :)

Over the winter it has become a tradition in a way around 10:00am to watch the garbage truck. Right outside Rylan's window is a perfect view of the nearest dumpster to our apartment. In our living room and kitchen we can hear the garbage truck for a little bit stopping at all the other dumpsters before it gets to this one. When Rylan hears the loud noise and banging of the dumpsters he goes running to his room to where he can see it!

He'll wait and wait....
Rylan waiting for the garbage truck.


Until it finally appears!! I love his reaction every time!


This is what he can see from his window. :)


On this particular day Addilyn was actually watching and really into it (she normally just looks around the room or at Rylan).


She was so funny, she giggled every time there was a loud bang noise. I'm just glad she was smiling rather then crying.


I asked Rylan what he was looking at out the window. This is him grinning as he said "tuck" (truck).


I guess it's not that pathetic. Rylan loves to watch the garbage truck and calls out "more, more" every time after it drives away. It's just silly how something so small to us, like the garbage truck picking up trash, is soo exciting in the eyes of a little boy!

4 comments:

Maranda said...

That is sooooo cute! I just wish they didn't pick up the other dumpsters at 7am on Saturdays. I always hear that one.

Ashcraft Adventures said...

Okay, so thats the cutest thing ever!! His face when he saw it made me laugh!! I miss seeing him and i wish you would either plan a trip out here or you and kyle plan a trip so I can watch them! Addilyn is getting soooo big! Cant wait to see them. Cute cute!!

The Lowe's Journey Together! said...

That is really cute that he loves seeing the truck!! And an easy entertainment also :) Sounds like you guys have a lot of fun at your place!! It is nice to see you keep your blog up to date.. unlike me.. I don't keep mine up to date at all!! But hope you are doing well!! It likes you are doing well being a mother :)

Ceci and Steven said...

this is TOO cute!! that little boy of yours is a ham! (Jake just got the t-shirt he's wearing...they can be twinners now) :)