August 6, 2008

Christmas in August?

I did it! I finally completed a project that I started way back in last November! I got this bright idea from my sister Christy to make and personalize our Christmas stockings. I searched for stockings when all the new Christmas decorations were coming out last year and didn't find anything I liked. I thought it was so cool how Christy had sewed all of her little family's Christmas stockings and thought it would be a fun tradition to start myself. How hard could it be, right? Well, it wasn't about how hard it was but how long it would take! I thought I could have it done by Christmas with my long Thanksgiving and Christmas break, but it didn't happen. So I have had these stockings unfinished just sitting in my closet for the past 8 months! I decided to make it one of my goals to finish them before the summer was up. And I did it! It feels good to finally have them complete. It was a huge project in my eyes, with every tiny bead, sequin, and fabric piece sewn on by me. I’m looking forward to stuffing these come Christmas!

2 comments:

Ashcraft Adventures said...

And of course perfection...So much better than mine:)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm SOOOOO impressed! Those are absolutely adorable!